Estate litigation covers many dispute issues including what members of the public often refer to as “contesting a Will” or “contesting an estate”.
After someone close to you dies, on many occasions, administration and distribution of the estate, according to a Will, goes quite smoothly. But there are times when disputes occur and during these times, you will need a lawyer experienced in estate litigation.
How can we assist you with your estate litigation inquiry?
- Challenging or contesting a Will on the basis of lack of mental capacity, undue influence or fraud
- Assisting persons to make claims pursuant to the Inheritance (Family Provision) Act for a share or increased share of an Estate (for example, where you feel you have been unfairly excluded as a beneficiary to a Will)
- Court applications for an order for a Will to be made by a person under 18
- Court applications for an order for a Will to be made by a person lacking mental capacity
- Court applications for the rectification of Wills (where errors have been made in the Will)
- Applications to the SACAT regarding Guardianship & Administration orders.